Friday 12 November 2010

My Katy Perry Magazine Cover.

Then we had to make our own magazine covers. I chose Katy Perry for my cover.

 We had to make our own version of a magazine using the Rihanna magazine cover as an idea. We were told we could choose any celebrity we wanted. I chose Katy Perry. I cut her out of the background and softened the area around her and then placed her into the already pink background. We put rulers onto the sides to keep the text aligned.

After doing so, I had to put information about celebrity gossip around her and place it in a way that it looked realistic. I tried my best to make it look believable by keeping the theme as black, white and pink. I then had to resize and edit the text and put in the price and the barcode in.




2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent piece of work! Well done. It is at a distinction level because you have used a consistent colour across your design and followed the rule of only two typefaces (fonts)

    To make it even better, make sure everything is perfectly aligned on the right (the word "interview" isn't quite in line with the rest)

    Some of the white text with a pink stroke is difficult to read when it goes across her hand and and her arm on the bottom right. What could you do to fix this? Think about your choice of colours.

    See if making the text pink and the stroke white will improve it or changing the thickness of the stroke. Your goal is to make it as readable as possible because it is designed to attract a reader and tell them about what is in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also think about increasing the space between the titles on the left side of the page. They are quite crammed and there is a lot of empty space beneath them

    ReplyDelete